Re: Adaptec 2010s boot failure

	Hello Vlad ,  I'm sorry to hear that you had problems .

	The key problem with the driver in most distro's ,  it appears to
	be that the driver has been compliled with the in kernel i2o & if
	the driver is compiled with that it either locks or oop's .  From
	adaptec's linux site they make particular point to NOT compile it
	against in kernel version of i2o .

	The way I was able to install was like this .  The book that came
	with the 2010s has a description of doing something very simular
	to what I am descibing here .  But ...

	Insert a supported scsi card .  Install your distro on -one-
	drive ,  Make sure the kernel loaded has the dpt_i2o is compiled
	in AND that is has NOT been compiled with the Kernel version of
	i2o (ie: do not enable i2o) .
	Once you have that system booting properly .  Back it up .

	Now that is accomplished replace the scsi card with the 2010s and
	enter the SMOR ((*)iow just hit Crtl-A at the right time) .
	Create a raid1 (this is the ONLY functionality that works with
	this process) ,  have the raid1 mirror from the selected disk to
	another that can boot .  Verify that the setup is what is wanted .
	I beleive at this point that the controller mentions that the
	selections made will not take effect until after a reboot .
	Do so .  Then ee-enter SMOR(*) & have it rebuild the array .
	After that is accomplished . You should be able to boot into the
	system .  Hth ,  JimL