Raid1 fast resync

Do any of you know of work that is going on to improve the raid 1 resync speed? I am starting to evaluate approaches to reducing the time to resync the disks.

I am involved in a project on a fault tolerant x86 based server that has hot plugable scsi disks and PCI busses. There are two PCI busses and 3 mirrrored sets of two disks. When a PCI bus is pulled all of the mirrors are broken so when the PCI bus is again inserted, all of the disks resync which takes hours. Also, during development the resync after crash really slows down debug.

Thanks,
Phil Cameron

-