Re: Hot swap on IDE

you don't want more than one disk per channel. it fscks up the performance big
time. I'm aware of that 3ware's controllers are supposed to support hot swap,
but they do not support more than one disk per channel. But then - their
controllers have 4, 8 and 12 ports, so you don't need two drives per channel
anyway

On Friday 06 December 2002 20:03, bmoon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to find that anyone made a successful work for the HOT-SWAP
> on the IDE master/slave.
>
> Ther are many systems that use the IDE for RAID. However, I heard most of
> them
> use the MASTER.
>
> Is it really impossible to make use of both master and slave?
> I mean "Are there any sucess story to use the slave?".
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bo
>
> -

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester