AW: recover short-time-power-failure of raid 5?

Hi markus,

> I suggest that after assembling the array, you 'fsck' the filesystem
> on md0 just to make sure that the data is fine and then simply hot-add
> the third device:
>   mdadm /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdc
>
> If fsck reports lots of error..... maybe try force the assmbly from a
> different pair of drives. e.g.
>    mdadm -A --force /dev/sda1 /dev/sdc2
>
> and then do the fsck.

Oh, and if you try this: DON'T allow fsck to change/fix anything on the disks
if you want to later try a different combination - data corruption is pretty
much guaranteed if you allow any writes and then change to a different set of
disks.

Bye, Martin
PS: not sure what happens if you're using a journaling fs on the raid - I
think fsck replays the journal before checking, so trying out different
combinations of disk doesn't look like a viable option in that case?
-