Help! Head crash on IDE Seconday Master. Slave has all the databut wont boot

Hi,

So I build this great new P4 2.53GHz server. I had two WD 100GB Caviar Special editions running in a RAID1 format. All seemed fine except one drive was very noisy and caused excessive vibrations. Thought nothing of it because it's less than a month old. Well, I was wrong, very wrong. Last night the drive failed and the next boot up sequence left me with sound I will never forget. Anyway, until I get a new drive to rebuild and supplant the array, I was going to boot from /dev/md0 (/boot partition) but to no avail the system does not want to recognize it as a boot disk. If I boot up in rescue mode, it says there are no partitions on the disk (/dev/md0). However, if I use the fdisk -l I get what you would expect including a BOOT partition. Luckily, I did make the emergency boot floppy and I am able to boot the system on from that floppy for the ROOT partition on the disk /dev/md2. So, how do I tell the boot loader to look at /dev/hdd instead of /dev/hdc (the dead disk in the raid pair) without loosing my installed data? I now new to RAID, however, I am new to software RAID in Linux. Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart