Typo in mdadm man page?

Hi,

I was trying to figure out how to add a hot spare to a 3 drive raid5
array and came across the following in the mdadm man page:

MANAGE MODE
       Usage: mdadm device options... devices...

       This usage will allow individual devices in an array to be
       failed,  removed or added.  It is possible to perform mul­
       tiple operations with on command. For example:
         mdadm /dev/md0 -f /dev/hda1 -r /dev/hda1 /a /dev/hda1
       will firstly mark /dev/hda1 as faulty in /dev/md0 and will
       then  remove  it from the array and finally add it back in
       as a spare.  However only one md array can be affected  by
       a single command.

I presume the "/a" in the mdadm command should be "-a"? Would it be
possible to add a few more words to be more explicit about adding hot
spares to an existing active array? For example, it would be more
comforting to know that "mdadm /dev/md0 -a /dev/sdd1" to a fully
operational array (no failed devices) generates a hot spare for /dev/md0
but does not increase the capacity of /dev/md0.

While I have your attention, does adding the hot spare need to be
repeated after a reboot? Would I need to add the command to my rc.local
file?

Thanks!
Stephen

-