Re: HELP - need more documentation on using partitioned (mdp-type) md devices

Hi Neil!

Thanks for your help.  That did the trick!

I did have to change the partitions= to partition=, I didn't know any
better but LILO did! ;)

Also once I got a successful LILO install (I did a -t -v first), and
booted up, I got an error from LILO stating "EBDA Too Big".

I looked up EBDA in the README's and it says it is a thing that happens
sometimes with MultiProcessor motherboards, and suggested building LILO
with the LARGE_EBDA option.  I thought I'd try out just using the
'compact' statement in lilo.conf first, and that was enough to do it, I
got booted up successfully!

My test case told the kernel that the root fs was on the original
external RAID subsystem, so really all I was testing was that I could
actually boot from the RAID1 pair of IDE disks created with the
partitioned md device.  Should be able to proceed on now to copying all
files over to the filesystems on the RAID1 pair, so I can pull this
external RAID subsystem offline and reconfigure it.

Thanks again Neil!  Couldn't have done it without your help!  Well, not
in the next week or so, probably... ;)

vince

-