Re: AARGH! Please help. IDE controller fsckup

Just picking a severly large number at random would be good enough.
But more useful ideas would be to keep the first two or three blocks
over the n-disks as a md5 sum or other kind of checksum as your id.

Yeah, that means the id can change, but that's not very important... it
just needs to be unique so that the automagic stops if something weird
happens (an out of sync disk, or a foreign disk).

Or at least, this makes sense to me, with no prior sleep for 20 hours.

-Gryn (Adam Luter)

-