Re: recovering after a /dev/sda failure on raid1

On Monday August 5, vindex@apartia.org wrote:

> FWIW the disk that is malfunctioning is a 3-month-old Fujitsu 15k 36G
> (MAM3367MP) which is an expensive server-grade disk. The reason I
> selected Fujitsu was because of reported quality problems on IBM disks
> and Fujitsu's good reputation on SCSI (their IDE line is bad however).
> I am looking for informed opinions on these disks and recommendations
> for future purchases. What are the most reliable SCSI disks out there?
>
> It must be: fast, affordable, reliable, (select any two ;-)

Somehow, I wish you hadn't said that.....

I just recently commissioned a fileserver with 14 Fujitsu MAM3367MC drives.
I wander what the difference between P and C is...

Previously we have used Seagates which have seemed quite reliable.
The only real problems that we have had is with the IBM IDE DeathStars
(oops, I meant DeskStars.  Naughty keyboard).

As far as SCSI drives, I have no significant experiences of
unreliability, and I hope to keep it that way.

NeilBrown
-