My Bootable Linux RAID 1 success and a few questions

You can read about my success creating a Linux bootable RAID 1
system at http://www.litzinger.com/raid.html

Thanks to all for your help in this effort, and Neil Brown for
creating mdadm and whatever else he may have contributed.

At this point I still have a few questions.

One is swap.  Do I setup of the swap as a RAID device, using the
0xfd partition system id?  Or do I stick with the two entries
in /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda6               swap                    swap    pri=1           0 0
/dev/hdc6               swap                    swap    pri=1           0 0

Unlink md, these entries don't automatically move about when I move
the physical drives around in the system.

Another is failure mode.  A noticed in the archives that some people
setup additional LILO entries which map to the individual drives as
if they had no RAID.  Is this important?  I presume that md silently
maps whatever drives from the array that are available under /dev/md.

Are the extra entries so you can still boot the drives if the md driver
is missing or fails for some reason?

Can anyone explain this LABEL thing in /etc/fstab?

Thanks again.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>
-