Question about monitoring Multipath status

hi all

i am trying to write a multipath client-server monitoring program. Any
suggestions of how to get the status of the multipath? i found the md
driver may not fully correctly update the /proc/mdstat dynamically.

e.g. in my case there are two HBAs and three scsi disks connected to both
of the HBAs through FC. thus i have three multipath devices /dev/md0,
/dev/md1, and /dev/md2. i tried to plug out the cable of one HBA. the md
driver should update the mdstat file with marking the logical disks on the
disonnected path as 'F' (faulty). but it does not. then i tried command
'ls', and copy big files to the disks. this time the file is updated, but
not fully correct. it correctly updated the info of md0 and md1 but not
md2. the file still says md2 has two operational pathes.

FYI, the following is the mdstat file I got after I disconnect one of the
two HBAs from the disks.

/*  mdstat  */

Personalities : [multipath]
read_ahead 1024 sectors
md2 : active multipath sdf1[0] sdc1[1]
       17561472 blocks [1/1] [U]

md1 : active multipath sde1[0] sdb1[1](F)
       17153920 blocks [1/1] [U]

md0 : active multipath sdd1[0] sda1[1](F)
       8570560 blocks [1/1] [U]

unused devices: <none>

Thanks,

Li