How Do You Move Partitions from one raid-1device to another?

Moving drives and partitions after a massive hardware failure, I ended up
with partitions on the wrong raid devices. My new raidtab was correct, but it
appears nothing reads the raidtab file other than mkraid. Yes?

I assume the recognition is made through persistent superblocks, but I'm not
certain how to erase them. I suspect that I could mke2fs the wrong partitions
and erase them, but then again maybe not.

Making assumptions about the behaviour of software raid have been very
painful in the past, and I'd rather not make any damaging mistakes on my
production machine (the machine than runs the entire business).

Currently, cat /proc/mdstat is:
	md5 : active raid1 sdb5[1] sda5[0]
	md6 : active raid1 sda6[0]
	md0 : active raid1 sdb1[1] sda1[0]
	md1 : active raid1 sdb2[1]
	md2 : active raid1 sdb3[1]
	md4 : active raid1 sdb6[1]
	md7 : active raid1 sdb7[0]

However, raidtab reads:
	md5 : sdb5[1] sda5[0]  (swap)
	md6 : sdb6[0] sda6[0]  (home)
	md7 : sdb7[0[ sda7[0]  (root)
	md0 : sdb1[1] sda1[0]  (boot)
	md2 : sdb2[1] sda2[0]  (var)
	md3 : sdb3[1] sda3[0]  (/usr/local)

Lastly, does anyone have any example lilo.conf's they've used with  lilo
version 22.1 or similar? I've had extreme difficulty getting a real boot raid
working with it, even though the documentation suggests it shoudl.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Jeff Hill
-