Re: Raid-5, LVM, Reiser FS

Hi Chris,

> Are there any HOWTOs that anybody knows about on how to do a RAID-5 with
> LVM and a Reiser-FS filesystem? Are there are reasons not to do this?

I've no experience with reiser, but i've made a similar system (LVM on top
of RAID5) using XFS, and it's in production since last June, with no
problems at all (taking care of keeping separate log in RAID1 for
performance). In the meanwhile i've experimented various hardware
failures e.g. disk trashing, (2 IBM DTLA 45 Gb), adapter failure etc.

> If I can dynamically resize (hopefully using the raidreconf with no
> problems) the array does LVM get me anything?

The ability of taking snapshots of your filesystem.

HTH.

Ciao,

-m

-