Re: Why the playing audio will be recorded into the mic?

"The output audio is not sent to the speakers, but from the headphones, and the mic cannot pick up the played audio from the air" - actually, it can. I recently tested a USB audio interface with connected to it XLR microphone, and I was wearing circumaural headphones. With high enough gain I managed to obtain oscillations because of the acoustic feedback.

--Sergei.

and the mic cannot pick up the played audio from the air
On 23/05/2024 5:39, 赵成义 wrote:
Hi guys,

>>  I mean I don't need to record played audio, but it is recored into the mic.
>> I can confirm that ALSA loopback is set to false state, and the sink monitor
>>  is not used.
> You probably need echo cancellation

The output audio is not sent to the speakers, but from the headphones,
and the mic cannot pick up the played audio from the air,
so I don't think it's an echo issue.

I am using a four-section headset, and the input and output are on the same audio port.
Is it possible that there is signal interference in the input and output?

Thanks,

Chengyi