Re: Dedicated notification sink?

Hi Mark,

there are module-role-cork and module-role-ducking which provide the kind of functionality you are looking for. If you have a stream with "role1" assigned, which should duck all other
streams, the command would be something like

pactl load-module module-role-ducking trigger_roles="role1" ducking_roles="any_role" global=1

The grouping of roles works for both, module-role-cork and module-role-ducking even though
it is only mentioned in the description of module-role-ducking.
(pacmd describe-module module-role-ducking) You can use the special roles "any_role" to specify all streams and "no_role" for those streams that do not have a role assigned.

The main problem is to make sure that your (trigger) streams always have the correct role,
so you have to set the media.role property somehow.

Regards
               Georg