Re: Stuttering when recording sink monitor audio.

On 19.01.24 09:39, 赵成义 wrote:
Hi guys,

I found a issue about stuttering when recording sink monitor audio, as shown below:

Preconditions:
1. The sound card only supports software volume.
2. Two audio players play different audios at the same time.
3. Set to speaker output audio.

Test steps:
1. Record the audio stream of the monitor of the speaker sink through parec.
    For example: parec -d alsa_output.platform-raoliang-sndcard.analog-stereo.monitor --file-format=wav test1.wav
2. Change the volume of the speaker sink during recording.
3. It will cause stuttering in the audio stream recorded from the monitor channel of the speaker sink.
4. However, the audio output from the sound card speaker does not stutter.

Could you tell me why this problem occurs? thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Chengyi

Hi,

which version of PA are you using? That behavior has been a known bug in older versions,
but at least version 16 or the recently released 17 should not show that issue.

Regards
              Georg