Re: RTP makes high tone pitch

Hi Georg,

thank you for your detailed answer! Especially the hint regarding the number
of samples in the latency buffer was very enlightening.

Now at the weekend I had time to test your suggestions. I'm using
pulseaudio version 14.2 as part of the current raspberry pi os. The parameter
log_interval to the module-loopback seems not to be supported; the
corresponding call of 'pactl load-module ...' returns with non-zero return
code. Setting log-level to 4 did not produce any relevant log lines.

Nevertheless, I increased the latency step by step to 70 ms for the
module-loopback with max_latency_msec of 100. For module-rtp-recv I set the
latency to 100 ms. Now we are testing the intercom with these parameters.
Right now, it works since several hours without helium-voice. I am
optimistic...

By the way, the documentation of the modules at [1] seems not to contain all
module parameters (e. g. log_interval is not mentioned). Furthermore, it is
not clear to me which version the documentation belongs to. Is there another
resource with the full documentation of a given version?

Many thanks and best regards
Lars

[1] https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Documentation/User/Modules/