Signal handling in PulseAudio

This is a somewhat lazy question but it's not particularly critical, more of just a curiosity. I notice when calling signals like `raise(SIGABRT)` in the callback registered by pa_stream_set_write_callback, nothing happens. I would expect the process to terminate. To be more specific, nothing happens when this callback is hit beyond the first time.

Digging through the PA code I can't find any reason why this would happen. The closest related thing I see is pa_reset_sigsv, but that sets the default signal handlers, which should terminate the process.

Is there some part of the code I'm missing that would ignore SIGABRT?

fwiw I have Sentry installed, and I now realize why I'm not getting crash dumps as I would expect sometimes -- because PulseAudio is not calling the previously registered signal handlers as I had initially expected.

Thanks!