Creating a new Input using the C API

Hello!

Please keep me on CC, I am not subscribed to this list (yet)

I've been using the C API to stream audio from my program to my speakers. That's been great! I'm, however, I'm now at a place where I need to send the audio from my program to another program as an input (or more specifically, a few programs). I'd like for my C program to show up as a "microphone" (or a source of any flavor, really).

I don't see anything in the C Simple API that would allow me to create a new input -- in fact, I don't see very much on creating an input at all! I fear I'm lost. Can someone point me to an example or some documentation that could help me along here?

  Paul

--
:wq