Re: Need help resolving audio recording/playback issues

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022, Sean Greenslade wrote:

On the Scarlett USB interfaces, the green/red LED ring around the input
gain knob is driven directly by the hardware. Pulseaudio has no
influence over this.  So if you're not seeing any signal there, the
issue is in hardware. Make sure:
- The XLR cable is OK and fully seated into the plugs on both ends.
- The switch on the side of the mic is on. It needs to be on to feed
 output to the XLR jack.
- The preamp gain knob on the Scarlett is set high enough. Dynamic mics
 can have pretty weak signals. On mine, I need to pretty much max out
 the preamp to get signals strong enough to light up the green ring.

Sean,

Thanks very much. I probably had the gain too low.

Stay well,

Rich