Streaming audio from a game to voice chat, mixed with audio from microphone

Hello,

I want to stream audio from a game to discord, while also sharing my mic at the same time.

This is a very common thing that people do all the time on other operating systems. For some reason this seems to be almost impossible to do with Pulseaudio.

Why is it so difficult?