Pulseaudio on the ESP32 ?

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has ever tried to interface pulseaudio with an ESP32 chip ?

This extremely popular 3$ chip has ethernet, wifi 802.11n and bluetooth 4.2+BLE capabilities as well as a pair DMA capable I²S bus capable of operation is both master or slave modes.

This is on of the most popular chip currently in use by Arduino IDE users, making it extremely accessible for hobbyist use.

Infomation regarding the I2s programming interface
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/latest/esp32/api-reference/peripherals/i2s.html

More information about this chip
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP32

A variant of this chip called the ESP32-A1S, comes with on board audios ADC/DACs ?
Although the details are not clear about this one for me. It is a audio-centric variant.
https://docs.ai-thinker.com/en/esp32-a1s
https://github.com/donny681/esp-adf

I've been a subscribe to this mailing list for a while but I have not yet spotted discussion of this chip.  I am under the impression that this chip could be the ideal hobbyist pulseaudio platform.

(My intention is to create 3d printed wifi gaming headest with DSP capability and active noise cancellation. I know the doc says wifi's not good enough for audio, but I want to try it out for myself, especially with the latest 802.11ax standard)

Thanks !