Re: two sound files at the same time - problem with crontab (pulseaudio involved)

On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 04:34:36PM +0200, Christian wrote:
> Hi altogether,
>

> I am curious as how to solve a peculiar "problem".
>
> <snip>
>
> That works very well. But I run into problems *if* I have some other noise
> (sound-file) played out *at the same time*.
>
> <snip>

> AO: [pulse] Init failed: Connection refused
> Failed to initialize audio driver 'pulse'

^^^ Here is your problem ^^^

Pulseaudio is either not installed, not running, or has some sort of
permissions issue. Can you run the command "pactl info" and report what
it returns? Also, can you describe your system a bit? Mainly the
hardware, sound card type, and Linux distro / version.

--Sean