mpg123 run by apache2 not working

Hello

I am trying to get my web server to play audio files via a bluetooth speaker. (This is a raspberry pi).

Running apache as user pi doesn't work. Logged in as the user pi I can play files fine but running the apache2 server as user pi doesn't work. I have a feeling it is because apache isn't a logged in user and I have been struggling for hours to understand what the solution might be. Can someone help. I don't care if I use mpg123/mplay/ffplay.