Re: No audio output; same setup worked before

сб, 13 февр. 2021 г. в 18:47, Rich Shepard <rshepard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> What puzzles me is that I have the AT2500 and Focusrite set up as before
> when I recorded slide shows using vokoscreenNG. My test using vokoscreenNG
> and my webcam produced a file that ffprobe confirmed has both video and
> audio streams, but no audio came from the speakers (which do work).
>
> More testing today. Thanks for the lesson about ALSA and PA and the
> suggestion to check mic response in the Recording tab.

Now that you mention vokoscreenNG... there was a bugfix release,
3.0.7, which mentions in its changelog that it fixes detection of
recording devices. It was caused by incompatibility of the old code
with GStreamer 1.16.x. Could you please make sure that you have at
least that version?

--
Alexander E. Patrakov
CV: http://u.pc.cd/wT8otalK