Re: PulseAudio is not working properly

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 10:52:07AM +0200, BaBa wrote:

> >This question is probably better suited for a Debian forum, as it seems
> >to more be an issue of how your environment is set up.
>
> I already asked at the Debian ML and forum but I got no solution.
>
> >That said, I have
> >a suspicion that you may have enabled system daemon mode.
>
> Do you mean set daemonize = yes in /etc/daemon.conf?
> If that case, I did not touch anything (default value is "; daemonize = no").
>
> >Did you
> >manually add or enable any services after installing pulseaudio?
>
> Yes I installed and enabled a personal service but not related to PulseAudio.

OK, then I would suggest doing the following to investigate:

Reboot your machine to start everything fresh. By default, pulse should
not be running, but it is supposed to auto-launch the first time
something tries to access it (triggered via the pulseaudio.socket
systemd unit).

Launch "pavucontrol" to trigger the pulseaudio auto-spawn. Look through
pavucontrol and see if it's detecting your sound cards correctly. Also
you can check that pulse is correctly running under your user:

$ ps aux | grep [p]ulseaudio

The first column of the result should be your username.

--Sean