Re: High CPU Usage in System Mode

In the source I found this in daemon/main.c:

if (conf->system_instance && !conf->disable_shm) {
        pa_log_notice(_("Running in system mode, forcibly disabling SHM mode."));
        conf->disable_shm = true;
    }

I commented that out and built it, things seemed to work and work faster. Will commenting that out have some side effect I'm not aware of?