Re: Bluetooth HSP and HFP support in pulseaudio

On Monday 27 April 2020 21:45:47 Georg Chini wrote:
> On 27.04.20 01:44, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Tuesday 31 March 2020 09:36:21 Georg Chini wrote:
> > > One comment here: The hsphfpd should be able to co-exist with
> > > ofono. ofono + PA currently is the only way you can use your mobile
> > > on Linux and we should not break this (unless the hsphfpd supplies
> > > the same functionality). So - similar to ofono - it should at least be
> > > possible to switch off the corresponding role, so that ofono can be
> > > used for one role and hsphfpd for the other.
> > If you can disable HFP support in ofono, then hsphfpd and ofono can
> > coexist in system.
> >
> > But coexistence of two HSP AG or HFP AG applications in system is
> > impossible due to master listening SCO socket.
>
> That is exactly my point. But you can have one application handle the
> AG role while the other handles the HS role. For ofono mainly the HS
> role is interesting, for PA mainly the AG role. Removing ofono completly
> makes mobiles unusable under linux. In ofono, you can switch off
> the AG role.

Well, this is one of the reason why central proxy daemon (like hsphfpd)
is needed for HSP and HFP profile, which just proxies relevant part of
HSP and HFP connections to relevant application. And reason why I
started with this design. It allows to implement both telephony and
audio parts independently in target application, audio in pulseaudio,
telephony in modem application, without any dependence between these two
applications.

Otherwise you would have to choose which application you want to use
either modem, either audio, either input device, either battery status,
but not all of them at the same time... This is one of the key feature
of hsphpfd to solve this problem.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx