Re: SBC XQ for PA 13.0

On 2019-12-09 15:57, Hyperion wrote:

09.12.2019, 12:33, "Andrey Semashev" <andrey.semashev@xxxxxxxxx>:
I have another piece of feedback to provide. Sometimes I experience
audio dropouts. Sometimes in both left and right headphones, sometimes
just one. In particular, I noticed this happen when I have a
Bluetooth-connected DualShock 4 gamepad connected and playing games, but
it also happens without it, although less often.

I assume this is caused by Bluetooth bandwidth limitation. Note that EOZ
Air are "truly wireless" (i.e. the two headphones connect wirelessly),
and I have multiple WiFi networks available (one access point in the
same room as the Bluetooth transmitter, a few others behind walls). I
expect 2.4 GHz radio to be rather crowded. The gamepad and the
headphones are in the same room as the Bluetooth transmitter, in clear
direct visibility, so it can't get better than that.

I can see Pali's patches offer reduce_encoder_bitrate API that is
supposed to mitigate this problem, but both SBC XQ profiles don't allow
bitrate reduction. I think, SBC XQ desperately needs to support bitrate
reduction, as the codec with the highest bitrate out of all.

Yes, and my patch was providing 100% adaptative SBC XQ, with native bitpool
reduction, as you suggest.

Is this adaptation implemented in

https://github.com/JPGuillemin/pulseaudio/commit/0853d7465729c1fb6c25745c05dc749a1b9a8d6f

? If so, then either the audio dropouts I experience are caused by something other than bandwidth limitation, or the adaptation isn't working or helping.