bluetooth: HFP | WBS | pollfd->revent POLLOUT not hit

On 07.07.2018 12:07, Georg Chini wrote:
> On 06.07.2018 08:43, Sathish Narasimman wrote:
>> Hi Luiz,
>>
>> Yes, I am doing the polling. I an not changing that part of the code.
>> In which it is default in which NBS also uses.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sathish N
>
> The current code does not poll for POLLOUT in all situations,
> see comment in the code. You should check if POLLOUT is
> really set in pollfd->events. Actually a situation like you
> describe is "normal" but should not impact sound quality,
> again see comment in the code. You could try if it helps to
> remove the "if (blocks_to_write > 0)" and set writable=false
> unconditionally.

In fact, in all situations where you are woken up by POLLOUT but you
do not have a block to write, POLLOUT will not be polled on the next
iteration to prevent unnecessary looping. Therefore removing the if
condition may not help much. Does the write_block_size equal the
read_block_size? In theory, different sizes are supported, but I think
it could cause issues.