RAOP latency by hardware: call for testers

Hello,

In the last monthes I've worked a bit on Pulseaudio's RAOP module, to
make it work better with various AirPlay servers. My latest work has
been to announce the correct latency needed to play synchronized
audio/video system-wide.

Unfortunately I could only test with my own hardware (a Pioneer N-30)
and the ShairplaySync software server.

I would really appreciate if owners of different AirPlay hardware (like
Apple's hardware) could test with PulseAudio's git master and report if
a latency offset is needed to synchronize things well.

If you want to help, you can install PulseAudio's git master, then try
and play a video like this one :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzF6bNSXZac

(Check it first with an internal sound card to see which notes play in
sync with which color/waveform).

Then send the output to your Airplay hardware using pavucontrol's
Playback tab. If the sound and video are out of sync, head to
pavucontrol's Output Devices tab, expand your Airplay server's
"Advanced" knob and set the latency offset to a value making audio and
video synchronised. If you need to set it, there's a good chance 352ms
will be the correct value.

You can then verify everything is OK with a normal (non-looping) video
that has easy to check synchronization (like Pulp Fiction's Ezekiel
scene :D)

Thanks in advance !
--
Colin