location of pa-equalizer default config and presets

On 26.07.2017 20:58, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:

> My answer was based on reading the source code, and it seemed like
> module-equalizer-sink stores some database in
> ~/.config/pulse/equalizer-presets, and based on the file name, that
> seemed like the place where the presets live.
>
> I now looked at the contents of the files in
> https://github.com/rsommerard/pulse-presets and it's clear that those
> preset files aren't used with qpaeq/module-equalizer-sink. The database
> that module-equalizer-sink uses is not in text format, but the
> rsommerard presets are text files. The files contain the string
> "mbeq_1197", which is an identifier for a ladspa eq plugin. Apparently
> the presets are meant to be used with some program that sets up module-
> ladspa-sink in pulseaudio. I don't know what program that is.
Right. My actual question is still not answered.
I need to preconfigure qpaeq and the files in ~/.config/pulse are in
fact not doing the job. Deleting them does not remove an existing config
and providing them does not supply them ... So how does it really work?