pulseaudio startup

Script started on Sat 12 Mar 2016 06:27:27 AM EST
5 packets transmitted, 5 received, 0% packet loss, time 4004ms
Yow!  Is this sexual intercourse yet??  Is it, huh, is it??
"Thus the creationist's favourite question "What is the use of half an
  eye?"  Actually, this is a lightweight question, a doddle to answer.
  Half an eye is just 1 per cent better than 49 per cent of an eye..."
                       [Richard Dawkins]
Time: 06:27:31 AM
  Date: Saturday March 12 2016
  Week: 10
  Day Of Year: 072
[jude at taf ~]$ pulseaudio --kill
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to kill daemon: No such process
[jude at taf ~]$ pulseaudio --start
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Daemon startup failed.
[jude at taf ~]$ pulseaudio --cleanup-shm
[jude at taf ~]$ pulseaudio --start
[jude at taf ~]$ execho $?
0
[jude at taf ~]$ exit
exit

Script done on Sat 12 Mar 2016 06:28:56 AM EST

I put code in my .bashrc file to start pulseaudio up and that does not
work for some reason.  I have rc.local I can use to get this started
before login and would prefer to have it started that early if possible.
I am using a command line interface on a screen reader so pulseaudio could
in theory help manage which speakers screen reader output went during and
after login.