Access control

On 2016-07-15 11:43, Wim Taymans wrote:

> On 15 July 2016 at 11:14, David Henningsson <diwic at ubuntu.com
> <mailto:diwic at ubuntu.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 2016-07-15 11:05, Wim Taymans wrote:
>
>         Hi guys,
>
>         I'm having another look at the access control patches. I
>         revived my old
>         patches and found some trouble with the async stuff that I
>         fixed here:
>
>         https://cgit.freedesktop.org/~wtay/pulseaudio/log/?h=access-hooks
>         <https://cgit.freedesktop.org/%7Ewtay/pulseaudio/log/?h=access-hooks>
>         <https://cgit.freedesktop.org/%7Ewtay/pulseaudio/log/?h=access-hooks>
>

>     FWIW, I also remember fixing a bug or two before I added your
>     patches to Ubuntu. The way it looks in Ubuntu now is here:
>
>     http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-pulseaudio/pulseaudio.git/tree/debian/patches?h=ubuntu
>
>     (see patches 0406, 0407 and 0408)
>

> It looks ok, you fixed the length in _copy and the reading of the
> command and tag when resuming the async operation.
>
> Interestingly you added the pa_creds to the pa_client. Any reason not
> to upstream this?

Feel free to upstream whatever makes sense. I don't remember exactly why
I ended up doing things the way I did - all I remember is that I was
reviewing your set and then waiting for you to submit a v2 (or perhaps
further discussion?), and then that didn't happen before I needed the
patches in Ubuntu.

// David