How to change the sink's priority in PulseAudio?

Hi,

I wonder on how to set the sink's priority in PulseAudio. I want some
devices to override others when they get connected. But the source code
inspection shows that the priority is calculated by hardcoded heuristics
and can't be modified from outside (cli, dbus, ...). Is it true, or do I
miss something?

P.S. Is the G+ Community alive?