update-card-properties? Possible?

I notice it's possible to alter sink properties with
update-sink-properties but see no analog for card properties.

Specifically I find that pulse audio sets the device.description for
cards, to "Built-in Audio" if it's on the motherboard, but for USB sound
devices takes the USB property idProduct.

Either way I use lots of sound devices and they are apparently listed by
card device.description in the Sound settings app (Linux Mint Cinnamon)
and I'd like to be able to adjust the device.description for cards.

Is there a way to do this I'm not seeing?

Regards,

Bernd.