Splitting ALSA card ports into

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=b7e5097f7a899aa5294b147b23cbb877db3b6f3c

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000007156.html

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio.txt

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound.git/tree/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Controls.txt

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=f7de54b96d1cb50391d638e3bc687730daf17a2f

> so there now is a new "Alt-Analog" playback device:
>

> APLAY

> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: ALC892 Alt Analog [ALC892 Alt
Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> ARECORD
>
> **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: ALC892 Alt Analog [ALC892 Alt
Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>

> So I tried adding a second module-alsa-card:
>
> $ pacmd load-module module-alsa-sink card_name=alsa_card.pci-0000_00_1b.2
> Module load failed
>
> (changed the .0 to .2 because thats the Alt Analog right?)

You also need hint

jack_detect=no

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/tree/src/modules/alsa/mixer/paths/analog-output-headphones.conf

Don't mute surround71 playback switches and don't turn off  volume

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/tree/src/modules/alsa/mixer/paths/analog-output-lineout.conf

Don't mute headphone playback switch and don't turn off volume

You need to enable 'independent hp' and set 'input source',1 to front mic
before starting  pulseaudio server

Simple mixer control 'Independent HP',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Disabled' 'Enabled'
Item0: 'Enabled'

Simple mixer control 'Input Source',1
Capabilities: cenum
Items: 'Front Mic' 'Rear Mic' 'Line'
Item0: 'Front Mic'

Use application (e.g. mplayer) which allow you to specify device hw:0,2

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/tree/src/modules/alsa/mixer/profile-sets/default.conf

Just add a new mapping

[Mapping alt-analog-stereo]
device-strings = hw:%f,2