[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio miniconference 2014, Oct 15, Düsseldorf, Germany

On 2014-09-09 13:22, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In addition to the "Linux Audio Mini Summit" that Takashi announced
> recently (which focuses more on ALSA topics), we will also have a
> "PulseAudio miniconference" in the same conference center, day after the
> ALSA event. The PulseAudio event will be on Wednesday, starting at
> 14:00. Registering isn't mandatory, but if we run out of seats, those
> who were fastest to register will get preference.
>
> More details are in the wiki:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Events/2014_Dusseldorf/
>
> We don't yet have discussion topics for the miniconference, so if you
> plan to attend, topic ideas would be very welcome! Send them to the
> list, and I'll collect them to the wiki.

I think we should revive the "dynamic PCM for HDMI" stuff, that reprobes
the devices when they are plugged in (or something like that).

When we talked about this two years ago my idea was to make pa_card
instances that would appear and disappear as HDMI was plugged/unplugged,
but since, profiles have gained availability. I haven't looked more
closely at it, but maybe we could keep the pa_card as it is and instead
change the availability of the profiles as the HDMI devices are plugged
in and unplugged.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic