[RFC] SSE-optimized sample-rate converter

Le 06/01/2012 19:59, Pierre-Louis Bossart a ?crit :
> For fixed conversion ratios (44.1->48kHz), the speex resampler is
> overkill. Using pre-defined tables and a polyphase implementation the
> CPU load can be reduced big time, or for the same load the audio quality
> can be increased.
>
> I uploaded the latest code of the library we've been using internally on
> git://github.com/plbossart/pulseaudio.git src-work
> (the tables are quite large and not suitable for email)

I have a couple of questions:

I see in the third commit all those large tables. Are they computer
generated? If so, could a python/ruby/shell/whatever script be included
to generate those tables again?

Have you guys looked at orc instead of hand-writing SSE intrinsics?

Cheers,

R?mi