[RFC] SSE-optimized sample-rate converter

For fixed conversion ratios (44.1->48kHz), the speex resampler is
overkill. Using pre-defined tables and a polyphase implementation the
CPU load can be reduced big time, or for the same load the audio quality
can be increased.

I uploaded the latest code of the library we've been using internally on
git://github.com/plbossart/pulseaudio.git src-work
(the tables are quite large and not suitable for email)

The PulseAudio integration is still very preliminary and not ready for
merge upstream, the detection of SSE at compile time isn't done, the
filters will be updated later with better ones, but I thought I would
ask for early feedback from the list.

Comments and patches welcome,
-Pierre

Acknowledgements: Mengdong Lin, Kishore Nandury, Seppo Ingalsuo for
testing and bug fixes, Michael Fu and Vijay Sankar for supporting this
initiative.