Why Gnome "System Sounds" is not a normal program?

On 03.01.12 10:47, Yves (theYinYeti) wrote:
> Le 03/01/2012 00:07, Lennart Poettering a ?crit :
>> On Tue, 03.01.12 00:53, Roman Beslik (rabeslik at gmail.com) wrote:
>>> There is an exception. The program "System Sounds" is always present
>>> in "pavucontrol" but without a sound card list. Instead, I chose a
>>> sound card for system sounds in "gnome-sound-applet." This is
>>> inconvenient and even strange.
>>
>> Well, it's quite hard grabbing a volume slider that is visible only for
>> a very short time, since event sounds tend to be< 1s in length...
>
> Indeed! And I wish there was a more generic solution to this: I
> currently can?t reduce the volume of Pidgin?s notifications?
I see 2 solutions:
0. Prolong a time interval when the volume slider is visible for 10 seconds.
1. Prolong a time interval when the volume slider is visible forever.
Allow a user to close the volume slider manually.

To be honest, I expected kinda database viewing tool which shows all
streams which occurred in the past. Nevertheless, "pavucontrol" is good
enough as it is. Thank you for your work.