[RFC 00/12] bluetooth: Revive MP3 passthrough over A2DP

Hi Xingchao,

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Wang Xingchao <wangxingchao2011 at gmail.com>wrote:

> ? 2012?2?6? ??7:54?Fr?d?ric Dalleau <frederic.dalleau at linux.intel.com> ???
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm spent some time trying to revive the patch series
> > originally written by Pierre-Louis Bossart and
> > Arun Raghavan to enable MP3 passthrough over A2DP.
> > I add support for Media API through a new Endpoint.
> >
> > The resulting code works fine but the following issues are raised:
> > 1) Each IEC frame is 4k even if real MP3 data is 120 bytes, is there any
> alternative?
> > 2) SINK_ADD_INPUT_MSG is called with PA_ENCODING_PCM using paplay
> --passthrough. Is this is a bug?
> > 3) how to configure the sink based on incoming stream.
> > 4) how to reconfigure the sink if stream type changes.
> >
> > Next step, I'll try to do MP3 sink.
>
> Great work! i'm very interested with the MP3 sink, do you have some
> plan to use Vinod and Pierre's patchset about compress audio data
> APIs? I was writing a DSP driver based on that patchset for Medfield
> platform, i hope pulseaudio could add such dsp sink which accpet all
> compressed formats data the DSP could offload HW decoding.

Thanks for feedback,
Current plan is simply to enable the sink to receive MP3 data. This way
pulseaudio
could be able to do both roles of A2DP with MP3 codec.
I'm not sure yet what to do with the received data. The easiest seems to
send to
gstreamer via pulsesrc. Vinod and Pierre's API are also a good candidate to
feed
with the received data too. I'll think about it.

Regards,
Fr?d?ric