which ip address for network devices

I have a machine that has multiple interfaces and thus multiple addresses.  I
have enabled PA (0.9.19) to share the devices out via the network and when I
start the PA server, I briefly see devices from it on my local machines
pavucontrol application but they disappear quite quickly.

For the few seconds that I can see them in my pavucontrol I can see that they
are using an IP address that's not on the local LAN but one of the other
networks (a VPN) this machine is connected to.

Is there any way I can resolve this?