Re: platform/x86: intel-vbtn: reports SW_TABLET_MODE=1 even if that's not the case

> Ok, so at least the regression is fixed.

Thank you again for the quick solution.

> > > Can you ask the user to run "sudo evemu-record" and then select the
> > > "Intel Virtual Button driver" device? That should now report 0 as state
> > > for SW_TABLET_MODE when booted in normal clamshell mode; and hopefully it
> > > will change to 1 when the user folds the 2-in-1 into tablet mode.
> >
> > Reportedly, that does not happen. It stays zero.
>
> Bummer, the DSDT does have this embedded-controller event-handler,
> but I guess that is not getting triggered then:

I have seen Q49 as well, so I'm also surprised it doesn't work.

> [...]
> If you feel like digging deeper, you could try to figure out
> why the _Q49 method does not get called. Chances are it has
> something to do with the ACPI embedded-controller (EC) code.
>
> You could ask for a full dmesg and check for:
> a) kernel cmdline parameters which should normally not be there
> b) ACPI EC errors

dmesg has been checked, and the only ACPI errors that appear seem unrelated.

> And maybe also see "cat /proc/interrupts" output and check that
> there is an "acpi" interrupt handler (typically IRQ 9).

Since acpid picks up events when the power cord (dis)connected, I'm positive
there is one.

I think I'm gonna let this be for now since the issue is fixed and I don't
quite have the capacity to spend time on this. Thanks for the help again.

Regards,
Barnabás Pőcze