Re: Brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable" keys not working for Fujitsu e7x6

> >> As to
> >> the touch keys, it sounds like this might be a BIOS thing to - is it?
> >
> > Are you referring to the "touchpad toggle" key?  If you are, I will soon
> > post a patch adding support for this key so that Jan-Marek can test it.
> > I just need to find some time to actually write it.
>
> This needs a small patch. But getting the keycode into X11 seems to be
> impossible, as X / xev can't handle keycodes > 255 (KEY_TOUCHPAD_TOGGLE).
>
> I'm currently running evrouter, to call a script on the event, which
> dis-/enables the input device using xinput.

So does my patch work after the set_bit() you suggested is added?  You
have not explicitly stated that, so I can only guess it works.

> I would definitely prefer
> any HW or kernel driver solution. I couldn't find a way to map the 530
> keycode to something < 255 to suit xev and skip the evrouter. Maybe
> Fujitsu will offer a better solution.

Using a single byte to hold a keycode is a limitation of the X11
protocol and there are other platform drivers using KEY_TOUCHPAD_TOGGLE,
so unless Fujitsu clues us in on some magical way to set the touchpad
state, I am not sure anything more can/should be done in the kernel.
Note that GMOU/SMOU ACPI methods were removed in Skylake firmware.  If
you really want to avoid using helper software, patch your kernel to
generate a different event when Fn+F4 is pressed.

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień