Re: Brightness and "touchpad dis-/enable" keys not working for Fujitsu e7x6

> > ...though if you think about it, the whole thing is absolutely hideous:
> > an *ACPI* driver requires cooperation from a *video* driver to notify
> > the operating system about a *key press*.
>
> Yeah.  On one hand I'm utterly amazed.  On the other, I've seen and read
> about other really bizarre things which go on in the BIOSes of computers
> over the years, so nothing really surprises me anymore. :-)

Yes, I am a rookie in this field, so perhaps I simply have not seen
enough weirdness yet to just get over something like this.

> My understanding based on this latest information is that the patch to the
> i915 driver fixes the brightness control on these laptops and that no
> changes to fujitsu-laptop are required for this.  Is this correct?

This is my understanding as well.

> As to
> the touch keys, it sounds like this might be a BIOS thing to - is it?

Are you referring to the "touchpad toggle" key?  If you are, I will soon
post a patch adding support for this key so that Jan-Marek can test it.
I just need to find some time to actually write it.

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień