Re: Regression with dell-rbtn: radio killed on resume after suspend to RAM

24.11.2015 12:42, Gabriele Mazzotta пишет:
> On 24/11/2015 09:52, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 09:49:18AM +0100, Gabriele Mazzotta wrote:
>>>
>>> Pali, what should we do for the case Latitude/Precision + RBTN_TOGGLE?
>>
>> Are there any systems which claim Windows 8 support via OSI and which
>> don't implement the rbtn interface? If not, just add an ACPI dependency
>> to dell-laptop and have it skip the rfkill code on Windows 8 and later
>> systems. I never trusted that code, but Dell insisted that it would
>> always wor on Latitudes and Precisions…

And the code actually worked and still does :)

> I think that systems that claim Windows 8 support also implement an
> rbtn interface, but I can't be sure of this.
>
> Such a solution would work, but it's worth pointing out that this would
> move the control of radios from kernel space to user space.

Well, this would be wrong. Button press is still handled by hardware
(BIOS) so we should not pretend it is software. We should rather fix
dell-rbtn to do the right thing when notification is received - i.e.
query current hardware state via dell-laptop.