Re: Regression with dell-rbtn: radio killed on resume after suspend to RAM

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 07:23:29PM +0300, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> 23.11.2015 18:14, Gabriele Mazzotta пишет:

> >>Gabriele, any idea how to fix this?
> >>

> >I can't think of anything other than ignoring notifications that arrives
> >within X seconds after the execution of the resume callback.
> >Unfortunately, we have no idea on how to detect systems that misbehave
> >and creating a blacklist is not a feasible solution.
> >
> >Something such as the following should work, but maybe it's not a nice
> >solution.
> >

> I looked at what dell-rbtn does. My system (Latitude E5450) has RBTN of type
> TOGGLE. In this case both del-laptop hooks itself into i8042 and dell-rbtn
> delivers KEY_RFKILL event to input susbsystem. IOW dell-rbtn looks
> completely redundant in this configuration.
>
> Can we detect that rfkill toggle is already avaiable via normal keyboard and
> not activate dell-rbtn in this case?

Also dropping this one until we can arrive at a complete solution.

Pali, Gabriele, this one is in your hands. I will review and provide feedback
where I can - I confess I'm finding it difficult to keep all the pieces straight
in my head, and without any hardware, I have to rely entirely on what I can
piece together (a situation we are all in as this differs across many systems,
nobody has all the necessary bits).

It may be helpful for someone to put together a current status, known issues,
plan of attack to get this moving forward again.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center