Re: sony-laptop crash (Sony VPC SE 1V9E) for 3.8.0+

[Resending as I don't see this mail on the list nor on online archives]

Hi Marco.

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 02:28:09AM +0200, Marco Krüger wrote:
> Am 05.08.2013 00:14, schrieb Mattia Dongili:
> >case 0x0143:
> >case 0x014b:
> >
> >Could you send your DSDT?
> My DSDT in raw/decompiled format.

You have two essentially very similar methods to control backlight
(screen, keyboard and ambient light sensor): F143 and F14B.
I should probably fix the code to handle one such situation but have you
by any chance checked if there is a BIOS update that fixes this mess?

For the record, only this bit seems different:

	If (LEqual (BUF1, 0x40))
	{
	    Store (0x40, P80H)
	    Store (BUF2, Local0)
-	    And (Local0, One, Local0)
+	    And (Local0, 0x03, Local0)
	    Store (Local0, ^^H_EC.KLPC)
	}

but we never call into this method with anything other than 0x1 or 0x0
in BUF2 so it won't make any difference at the moment which one we use.

Still it would be interesting to know what happens with 0x2 or 0x3. Do
you remember what states you could set in Windows for the keyboard
backlight?

Thanks
--
mattia