Apple-gmux driver, suspend/resume issues

I have an issue with the apple gmux driver when suspending from the
integrated graphics with the discrete graphics turned off.  The system
resumes fine into the integrated graphics, but when I switch to the
discrete gpu (radeon in my case) after the suspend/resume cycle, the
display freezes.

I've found that when the discrete gpu is turned off, it's completely
powered off, but yet remains in the pci device listings.  Sometimes I
see that the system tries to write the 0xff pci failure values into
the pci config space for the radeon gpu when resuming.

Attached is a (messy) recorded session which shows the discrete gpu
being listed but turned off.  Should it be removed from the pci
devices when in the powered off state?

I'm running 3.10-rc2 with the five attached patches (patch 4 is unnecessary).